LANDSCAPE DESIGNER: ENTRY LEVEL OR EXPERIENCED
Successful candidates will have a 2-year or 4-year degree in Horticulture, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Design, or similar. Industry experience may be combined with CPH or other certificate programs to satisfy degree requirements. Knowledge of plant material is required, but CAD experience is not necessary.
General Skills Required:
- Time Management- Designers arrange their own schedules, balancing responsibilities at the nursery and on-site appointments with customers.
- Communication – Listening, verbal, and written communication is essential.
- Organization- Priorities change on a daily basis, particularly during the busiest seasons, and must constantly be reevaluated.
- Flexibility- The ability to accept new tasks and integrate them into the current workload is essential.
- Teamwork – To be successful at Sun Nurseries, employees must be able to function as a team.
- Meet with Customers
- Create CAD landscape plans and estimates
- Assist retail and landscape customers, show plans, and create sketches
- Oversee and coordinate paperwork for installations
- Ensure that job sites are properly prepared for installation crews
- Coordinate “stop-bys” to assess the health of plants under warranty
- Answer phones
- Represent Sun Nurseries to customers, industry professionals, and the community
- Work as a team with all nursery employees
Benefits (Fulltime = FT, Part-time = PT)
- We offer overtime pay (FT & PT)
- Vacation (FT)
- Year-round employment (FT & PT)
- Educational reimbursement (FT & PT)
- Health insurance (FT)
- 401k (FT)
- Welcoming team environment (FT & PT)
Please mail, email, fax, or drop off your resume, or visit us to fill out an employment application:
14790 Bushy Park Road
Woodbine, MD 21797
Please drop off or send your resume and work samples.